Thermal Imaging and Infrared Cameras can see and measure heat differences in building materials on ceilings, walls and floors. Wet or moist areas and objects will have a different temperature than dry areas due to evaporative cooling, increased conductance or thermal capacitance. Accordingly, the moist areas will appear relatively darker or lighter than the dry areas on an infrared picture enabling us to locate them.
The true culprits of moisture damage are design flaws, construction defects and mechanical or plumbing leaks which allow for the intrusion of water. The problem with water is that it deteriorates building components and creates conditions conducive to mold growth. With infrared thermography we can clearly see the damaged areas and show you the source of your moisture problems so fault can be determined.
• It is an affordable way to detect and locate moisture problems.
• It saves you money because it can pinpoint problem areas enabling you to repair only the areas that need repairing.
• It provides immediate results and can survey large areas in a very short time.
• It is a comprehensive, non-contact, non-destructive investigative tool that eliminates the need to tear down walls hunting for damage.
• The clear and concise report you will receive is easy-to-understand and can serve as irrefutable proof of moisture damage in court.